Copper sulphate, blue stone, blue vitriol are all common names for pentahydrated cupric sulphate, Cu S04 5 H20, which is the best known and the most widely used of the copper salts. Indeed it is often the starting raw material for the production of many of the other copper salts. Today in the world there are more than 100 manufacturers and the world’s consumption is around 200,000 tons per annum of which it is estimated that approximately three-quarters is used in agriculture, principally as a fungicide.
copper sulphate contains 25 % metallic copper and is sold with a guaranteed minimum purity of 98 % copper sulphate. It is produced in a number of grades varying from large crystal lumps, of 25 mm or more in diameter from which it appropriately derives the name bluestone, to very fine powders of almost the fineness of talcum powder.
It is widely used for making micro nutrients in fertilizers, animal feed, production of paint and varnishes, zinc state and fungicide, this powder is highly acclaimed in market due to their precise composition and superior quality.
The four commonest grades, based on crystal diameter sizes, are:
- Large crystals (from 10 mm to 40 mm)
- Small crystals (from 2 mm to 10 mm)
- Granulated or snow crystals (less than 2 mm)
- Windswept powder (less than 0.15 mm)
Copper sulphate has many agricultural uses but the following are the more important ones:
- Preparation of Bordeaux and Burgundy mixtures on the farm
- Control of fungus diseases
- Correction of copper deficiency in soils
- Correction of copper deficiency in animals
- Stimulation of growth for fattening pigs and broiler chickens
- A molluscicide for the destruction of slugs and snails, particularly the snail host of the liver fluke
We are formulating and exporting a wide range of Copper Sulphate, which is used in various industrial applications.
It is a Versatile Chemical and used as a raw material for the productions process of copper salts. It is also used as an insecticide in agriculture and wood industry.
• Description : Blue crystals
• Solubility : 10% solution in water is bright & clear
• PH : 4.5%
• Chloride : 0.002% max
• Potassium : 0.005% max
• Sodium : 0.01% max
• Assay : 98%
- Harmless chemicals
- Safe to use
- Non toxic